Sunday, May 18, 2008

busy

Last week was nuts around here. I think Morgan was the only one who remained 100% all week. Athan has a cough. Ryan hurt his back. I hurt my foot trying to take care of Ryan's back. It was crazy. Ryan and I were both so far out of commission (him unable to stand up and me hopping around one one leg) one evening that we had to ask a friend to come over and rock Athan to sleep (thank you again, Jason). Then when we had recovered a little, the kids and I left for Nashville to pick up Grammy and bring her home. Whew.

But we're better and more settled now. Ryan's back is better (thank you, Lance!). My foot is fine. Grammy's here. We're all just relaxing a bit. All except for Athan, who is still trying to kick this silly cough. Yuk. He had a bad reaction to one of the meds, so things have been better since we stopped giving that.

Laurie will be here again tomorrow for physical therapy. Athan has regressed a bit (as we expected) since surgery, but we are beginning to be able to work with him to catch up again. I think he is beginning to be frustrated by his lack of mobility, which will be good motivation for him to work hard and learn how to overcome that.

Stay tuned for info about celebrating Athan's First Birthday at the end of this month! :)

No comments: