Wednesday, July 8, 2009

braces

There they are. Custom-fit ankle supports. As you can see, they just slip into his shoes, and they really seem to work. They keep his ankles positioned correctly so that he will build the right muscles to strengthen them. They keep him from some of the bad habits he was developing before, like gripping with his toes to compensate for his weak ankels.

He seems to like them. I think he likes the added stability. They don't keep him from any of the things he can already do, like scooting or standing up.

So far so good! I'm excited to see how this helps him get stronger.

5 comments:

Kelly Lawson said...

Those are great. Seem easy. I recently stumbled upon the braces I wore when I was a kid-- you know, the kind with the metal bar in between the tacky, bulky shoes? I like these much better!

Angela said...

Whoever invented those is a GENIUS!

Unknown said...

They look great. Glad they're helping him already.

Anonymous said...

So glad you found something that works for him.
I really enjoy your blog. I love to keep up to date on what is happening with your family.

Neva

Jason Heron said...

Are those fashioned out of maple or walnut? I can't tell which.