Thursday, September 10, 2009

as promised

The trip to Nashville was quick, and mostly good. We planned it last-minute, asked Jessica along for the ride, and headed out. What should be a 3 hour drive became 5+ when we spent over an hour in stand-still traffic on I-65. I had to get out and pee in the woods (we were also in the middle of a state part - no exits). But we made it. I got kinda sick that evening, but it was still good to see Mom. She took care of Athan and Jessica took care of me. I probably got more rest than if I'd stayed home. :) We took mom to the airport the next morning, and came home.

Mom thanked me too much for going. In case anyone's forgotten, just re-read some of the beginning of this blog for a reminder about the many times she's rearranged her life and made last-minute trips to help me out. Driving to Nashville for a day was no big deal. :)

More on the Maine trip when we get pictues uploaded.

No comments: