Friday, November 20, 2009

my gesture of solidarity


There is not much about Athan's experience that I can voluntarily adopt, but this one I can. Athan has been reluctant to keep his glasses on for long stretches, but we've discovered that he will keep glasses on his face if I have glasses on mine. SO.... I got "glasses." After a short trial run with some borrowed frames, I realized that the tactic worked and I needed something more permanent. I don't need any prescription, so reading glasses were out, as was borrowing Ryan's glasses (headache!). I eliminated the $$$$ options immediately, and finally found some $10 kids frames at the Vision Center in Wal-Mart. I just left in the plastic demo lenses. If I ever actually need glasses, I probably won't choose purple again! But for now, and for $10, and to help Athan, here's where I landed. And so far this morning, he hasn't taken his glasses off yet. :) I'm willing to look THAT dorky for a bit until he doesn't need it anymore. Ah, parenting - sucks the cool right out of you...

Yes, I was cooler once.

Was too!!

Shut up.

8 comments:

Josh McCallister said...

I kinda like the glasses.

Brittany Strebeck said...

you pull off the glasses look well! and your hair is getting so long too - pretty pretty.

Zach and Lisa said...

lol...you look way different to me with glasses. I think it is really "cool" that this is helpful and that you are willing to do it even if you don't look as "cool"

Aunt Karen said...

You are the coolest mommy in the world ... Glasses or not...

Unknown said...

Okay...maybe you were cooler once and now you are definately a cool mom, but once Morgan gets to be a teenager...sorry to say...you will definately no longer be cool, so enjoy it while you can! :)

Steve Venable said...

Cool is as cool does...

Jana said...

yes you WERE cool, and you still are!!!! I think they are sorta cute! :) (sorta!)

Kelly Lawson said...

what are you talking about? you look great!!!