Friday, December 4, 2009

beginning of the transition

Well, we don't actually move for over 6 months, but the process has started. At least as far as Athan's doctors are concerned....

This week we saw 3 of Athan's doctors. Dr. Irene checked his endo stuff, and all is well. No change. Dr. Coburn did a 6-month check-up, and again - all is well.

And we saw Dr. Bay. She is the Geneticist we see only once a year. Yes, again, all is well. It was our last visit with Dr. Bay. She is sending us copies of Athan's file with genetics in preparation for the move, as well as sending us contact info for geneticists nearer to west Texas. It's our very first "last" anything before we move. You may get tired of "lasts" posts over the next few months, but I suppose there may be a few anyway. We're thankful to Dr. Bay and her staff for helping us smooth the transition out of the Bluegrass back to the High Plains.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I was reading this thinking NO.. It can't be. Is it really almost over for all of us? I'm ready and not ready all at once.

Kelly Lawson said...

Same here, Erin.

One more last tonight... Wilmore's Old Fashioned Christmas.

Sad.

Selena said...

The lasts will be so bittersweet!!
I know such is life and all.......but some are no fun!!

Abby said...

Hey! I gave you the Lemonade Stand Award.. I don't know what it means but I was pretty happy to get it..

And now you get it too! Check my blog at
www.abby-storytelling.blogspot.com