Tuesday, July 13, 2010

transition

We're here, but not here yet. Make sense?

The process of find Home again is going well. It is. But it is still very much a process, and one that will be on-going for a while.

I think it's all kinda finally hitting the kids. They've weathered so much the past few weeks, most of it with grins and giggles. But Sunday Morgan had a fever, and they've both been extra volatile the past couple of days. Morgan is very expressive, and can over-react to life on a fairly normal day. So you can imagine the heights and depths of her days when she's tired and overwhelmed.

Athan is a bit disoriented, too. He wakes up crying at night, instead of happy. And he keeps asking me if we can go home (while we're at the house, mind you). More than a few times today he announced to me that he was "going to Ms. Eve's house" and requested that I open the front door for him (Ms. Eve lives in Wilmore, of course).

So this is part of it. Transition. We're smack in the middle of transition.

And still, we've been given so much. The folks at Elmwood West are being very patient in letting us settle in and get to know them. And I think the Lord just knows when I need a familiar face or voice or name in my e-mail inbox, too. Just when I need a friend, someone calls. Really - like 8 times in the last 2 days alone. I can do well through days when my kids are cranky and clingy when those calls and comments and cards and e-mails keep coming... :)

6 comments:

Kelly Efurd Lawson said...

Ahhhhhh... now I'm crying. This same transition is just days away for our family.

Ms. Eve is now our next door neighbor. I only wish these guys had been our neighbors sooner. They are great neighbors--and Eisley adores Claire. Who wouldn't. Sigh. Just another great family in Wilmore we have to say goodbye to. Sniff.

Sarah said...

Praying for your transition to a new "home". You are missed here in Wilmore:)

Unknown said...

Aww...I want to give all of you a hug, especially Athan. It breaks my heart that he wants to go home. Soon, your new house will be home and there will be memories there, but ugh...transition. It is not a fun time. Praying you through...

Diane said...

Bless your heart....I know how difficult this is for you. Just having to do it for YOURSELF...not to mention doing it for your kids and for your hubby...there's just nothing easy about it. I saw Selena last Friday and she said it's a bit tough. The best advice I can give you right now is.....figure out a little something that you all can go out and do that would start a new little tradition...go share a sno-cone at 4:30, tell the kids that each day you can go to the store and let them each pick out the "veggie of their choice" to buy to help make supper...just anything that will give them something to look forward to that can start a "tradition"...park, walking, whatever. Time, sweet mama...just time...and that's not always easy. I'm praying for you. Hope you'll find a new girlfriend who will just have your heart....soon.

Diane Case Johns

Denise Christian said...

Praying for you guys...I agree with the suggestion of making new fun little routines...that always helps a new thing become familiar. A snow cone a day in summer after playing in the water or swimming is a fav memory my kids remember...sometimes it is just the little stuff that is fun.
Hang in there girl!

nathan and caroline said...

so excited to see a new blog post, offering a glimpse into the life of one of the most amazing families ever :) kessca (haha, get it?) and i were riding home last night from small group and she talked about how she had some good phone time with you recently...and we both agreed that we really miss y'all. know that you're treasured and prayed for...expect a fun happy for the kids from us in the next few days :) hang in there friend!!!