Monday, August 9, 2010

overwhelmed

Today I am overwhelmed. (It looks like a small, benign sentence).

I've fallen off posting for a while, and I'm sorry 'bout that. I'll soon return to the regularly scheduled cute-kid stories and pictures and videos.

But today, I have to post a little of Athan's Journey. Or maybe Athan's Mama's Journey. ;)

Endo. Cardio. Optho. Ortho. Genetics. PT. OT. School. Pediatrician.... It's alot to coordinate. Everybody has to learn the Story of Athan. So I've been combing records, sorting, filing, copying, organizing, reading...

And crying. It's hard reading - Athan's medical history. I kept up, during the last 3 years, whatever information we needed to know to care for Athan THAT day. Until the last couple of days. I'm trying to learn the comprehensive whole of his story, so I can tell it (and document it) correctly for the new folks who'll be providing care. There is no short version. There is no easy telling. I have alot to learn...

So coordinating the appointments could be a full time job - schedules and records and paperwork and insurance and such. I feel like I should go to med school to understand Athan's story, but even if I just try to decipher the pile of papers from Central Records at UK, I'll spend some hours there. Meanwhile, we just moved in. Nothing feels like it's where it should be yet. And my kids still get hungry and lonely and bored and tired. The damn dog keeps pooping and not cleaning up after himself....

I told Ryan today: "It really is all stuff I WANT to do (maybe except cleaning up dog poop), but today I'm overwhelmed by how much of it needs to be done yesterday."

So that's Athan's journey today - Mom's overwhelmed...

4 comments:

amy wright said...

I'm sorry things are so tough right now. I wish I could help out in some way. I'd even take that "damn dog" off of your hands for a while. ;)
I'm praying for your day today.

Unknown said...

Wish I could comb through and decipher some of those medical records for you. Sorry you are feeling so overwhelmed...praying for you today...and always!

Cassie said...

praying for you.

Angela said...

praying for you right now.