Tuesday, October 5, 2010

school - Morgan


I suppose it won't surprise anyone that she's having a great time. :) She loves Mrs. G and seems to be happy to see all of her classmates every day.

One of her favorite things is Wellness Wednesday. Each Wednesday during PE, the kids run laps and get rewards throughout the year for meeting goals and making various milestones. Morgan is loving it. A couple of the parent volunteers have informed me that she cheers herself on as she comes by to mark her card after each lap... :)

It has been a bit difficult for her and for us to adjust to a full day of school. Can I just say that full-day Kindergarten is a bad idea?! It's a bad idea. She gets so very tired. I know she'll grow into it and her stamina will be fine eventually. Probably soon. But I still think it's silly to make 5 year old kids have an 7 hour school day.

But fatigue aside, all is going will with Morgan and her Kindergarten adventures.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Not a surprise at all that she is doing so well!! I can almost hear her laughing in the picture!!!

Kelly Efurd Lawson said...

I agree about full day Kindergarten. But if they're going to do all day kindergarten, they should at least still have naptime everyday. Does she get naptime? I did all day kindergarten. And I distinctly remember taking naps.

Sure. I got in trouble for TALKING during naptime everyday. But at least we got a time to rest. :)

Andrea Nielsen said...

So glad morgan is doing well and loving school...not that I am surprised. Lillie is exhausted also by all day K, but loves school. Glad things are going well!

amberly said...

Andrea - we miss you! Thanks for giving Morgan a great pre-K prep for this year. :)

Kelly - yes, there is a rest time, but 45 minutes on a towel on the floor with 20 other 5 year olds hardly counts. :)