Thursday, December 16, 2010

6

Morgan is 6 years old! During her "birthday weekend," she got to sing for the church twice, make a gingerbread house with Nana and Papa, and have a birthday party. We had a few friends over for cake after dinner on the actual day. There were guests from 6 months to 86(ish) years old, and Morgan, of course, seemed equally comfortable and happy with each extreme and everyone in between. We're thankful to the friends and fam who came (some on quite short notice) to celebrate Morgan with us. She's pretty excited about being 6!

I finally gave in. I've said for 5 years now that I wasn't going to spend alot of time on a crazy kid birthday cake for one too young to really care. But Morgan's six now, and she cares. :) So I called my mom-in-law for tips from a pro, and set out to make Morgan a Castle Cake for her birthday (pink, girly, princess-y castle, of course). I watched this video, then modified it a little. The pink sprinkles kinda help cover the fact that I really stink at icing a cake. :)



Might have been a little better if I'd done strawberry cake, but Morgan's only request was for chocolate. :) Here's a clip of her reaction to the cake, and the birthday song:



2 comments:

Kelly Efurd Lawson said...

She is SO beautiful!

Happy Birthday, Morgan.

Eve said...

She is really looking older! I loved the "holy cow" reaction. great cake Mom! I wish we were there to celebrate with her. Im not sure if I should show Claire the video or if it will make her sad...And Athan's speech has really improved. Thanks for sharing the birthday stuff! Happy 6th Birthday Morgan!