Wednesday, January 2, 2008

able to write again, I think...

I know it has been a while, and I have several blanks to fill in. I'll at least get started:

Christmas, scaled-down though it was, still came with a little craziness. We had to work at the logistics of getting Ryan and Morgan to family things on time while Athan and I kept his eating/sleeping/meds schedule on track. I think we did fairly well - he only had one really fussy night. And Morgan... well, I just wish you could have seen her this year! She is old enough to open her own gifts and get excited about all of them. She got to spend time with so many of her favorite people, and play, play, play. I think it has been so good for her.

Athan is tolerating his oxygen fairly well. We use some medical tape to keep it from shifting around too much, and to keep him from pulling it out every few minutes. I think the tape bugs him a little, but it also seems to keep his oxygen tube still enough that he forgets about it. I'll write more detail later about the whys and whatnots of his cardio stuff.

I have really enjoyed seeing so many faces - some I haven't seen in a year! It's good to be here.

Ryan is off to India. He left here last night, stayed with friends in Amarillo, and flew out this morning. He'll be gone until the 15th. Man, are we gonna miss him around here! Still, we are excited for him to get to go.

Ok, Athan needs me! :) More when I get a sec...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

India ?

Meredith Brooks said...

Saturday nights won't be the same without the Strebecks! I hope Adam and Ryan have a great time in India, and we can't wait until everyone is back. Give Athan and Morgan hugs and kisses from me, Chad and Emma!

chad said...

we are eating tonight and I wish the Strebecks were here.