Friday, May 22, 2009

on their way

Ryan just called. They are on their way home. They gave Athan some morphine, which burned going in, but seems to have calmed him down and eased the pain. Ryan has detailed instructions about how to care for him the next few days. I've gotten some good rest this morning, cooked a little so we'll have meals already ready, and prepared the house to be "recovery zone" for our kiddo for the next few days.

After they get here, I'll be holding a boy and Ryan will be finishing and turning in his final paper of the semester. We'll try to post an update, but it'll be a few hours.

2 comments:

amy wright said...

I'm glad everything went well. And I'll keep you guys in my prayers. One day you are going to look back and wonder how you did all of this. I'm amazed at the strength God has given you and Ryan.
I'm praying for a peaceful night for your sweet boy.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the update. We'll pray that the pain eases quickly. Take care of yourselves!!