Sunday, August 31, 2008

we're spoiled, I tell you

The Whortons stopped by tonight to deliver some very clever therapy tools for Athan - plastic bottles full of colorful water and heavy beads and rocks (lids are glued on, don't worry). They will help him work out his arms and work on his vision. Laurie and Jordan made them and walked over tonight to drop them off. Wow. Thanks guys!

Seeing the physical therapist tonight reminded me to post an update. Laurie put tape across Athan's shoulder blades to help him work the muscles and increase stability in his back/shoulders/arms. I keep meaning to take a picture, but I only seem to think of it when he's asleep. I'll keep trying. In the meantime, you can imagine a tiny version of this diagram. He has had the tape on since Friday, and we'll keep it on until Tuesday, we hope. We will continue with this taping therapy for several weeks (at least 6) and see how he responds.

Hope everyone is having a good holiday weekend!

No comments: