Saturday, December 13, 2008

sleeping still

Athan is just a tired, tired baby. He is still asleep. He has been awake for small stretches today, mostly when we have to get vitals or x-rays. Otherwise, asleep. The general opinion seems to be that it's ok to just let him sleep as long as he wants. He still has only had about 10ml of liquid to drink, but his diaper was really wet (from IV fluids), so they were happy with that for now. It may be a while before he is willing to eat or drink more.

I (Amberly) am here with Athan for tonight. Ryan went home to be with Morgan and finish his last assignment of the semseter. I am, of course, happy to be with my boy, but I'm sad to be away from Morgan on her 4th birthday. [I'm sure Ryan would say he is glad to be with the birthday girl, but sad to be away from the sick boy...].

Thank you, again, for the prayers, comments, e-mails, texts, calls, offers to help... We are grateful to be surrounded by people who love.

Athan is finally stirring a bit, so I think I'd better go see if he will drink more. I'll post again when he falls back to sleep.

2 comments:

Josh and Candace McCallister said...

Ryan, Amberly, Morgan, & Athan,

We are praying for all of you.

Love,
Candace, Josh, and Jedidiah

AmyMarie said...

We are praying here in Borger. I called Mary and she put Athan on the FUMC prayer chain. Tell that beautiful girl Happy Birthday from the Patmans. It is hard to believe she and Cap are 4 already!