Tuesday, December 30, 2008

the update from Austin

Ok, I think I've offered this disclaimer before, but it applies again: I hesitate to write when things are stressful sometimes. I feel like I'm whining. So that explains the gap in the report - this have been stressful in Strebeck-ville for a few days.

Before we left, there was the ongoing indecision about whether or not Athan was up to the trip. One by one, however, his struggles seemed to get easier, and we decided Athan was good to go.

Morgan, as always, is a champ. She was antsy and ready to come to Austin for two weeks before we could leave, and her cough finally went away, too.

So Thundercats are Go!

And then, Saturday morning (before the scheduled departure of Sunday morning), Ryan and I woke up with nasty sinus infections. Weekend - no docs open. Not enough time to sit all day in Urgent Care waiting room if we're to be ready to leave in time to make the wedding. So we had to finish getting ready to be gone for 3 weeks with monster headaches, etc. Yuk.

Then - two days of driving. Athan is the best traveler in the car. He did great on all 3 of the important factors - eating, sleeping, pooping. Morgan was cranky, but healthy. Ryan was not cranky, but still sick. I was very cranky and very sick.

But we made it. Whew. Austin is a welcome change of scenery - mostly I like that it's 68 degrees out today. Rehearsal dinner for my brothers wedding tonight (Ryan is the minister performing the ceremony, and I'm and attendant). We both still feel a bit like we've been beat up (no one should have to feel this way unless they got to drink alot the night before... and I didn't, in case you're wondering...), and we could use some extra prayer for the next few days.

Kids are staying with Ryan's folks during the wedding stuff (thank you Sid and Selena!). Wedding tomorrow. Family Christmas deal the next day. Cotton Bowl for Ryan the next day. Then back across Texas (10 hours) to Clovis for a couple weeks. If I don't get to it before, I'll update again once we get to New Mexico.

Anyone still reading this whiny novella, thanks for you patience and prayer. :)

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I can't believe the 2 of you got sick!! Enjoy the wedding and I hope you feel better soon! Give A & M big hugs for me!!

Jamie said...

Congrats on your brother getting married! Which one? :) Enjoy the weather - it's been super nice here... 75 today! Love reading your blog... ~J

Anonymous said...

All in all it sounds like a successful trip. I'd pay $100 to see Ryan Strebeck administer a marriage. And he's going to the cotton bowl? Nice. Peace from the Wrights!!

Unknown said...

If there is anyone who deserves a bit of wine (I mean whine) it's you both!. :) Praying peace, health and love to you friends!

AmyMarie said...

Amberly,
This post does not sound whinny; it sounds like the truth. Hope everything goes well in Austin and we can't wait to go to Clovis to see y'all.

Anonymous said...

Amberly,
Your posts are never whiney. We are on this journey with you and your family. If you need to whine, who better to whine to then people who know where you've been, understand the journey is rough sometimes, and are hanging in there with you guys. I pray for you guys daily and miss you bunches. Kiss my babies and tell Ryan to give you a big hug for me.
Aunt Karen