Thursday, January 1, 2009

4:30a.m. in Austin, 1-1-09

Athan is finally back asleep, but I'm waiting on my meds to kick in so I can crash, too. Might as well write a bit...

The wedding was beautiful, of course. Bride and Groom were all smiles and glowy-ness. Ryan's homily was honest art. Athan was handsome in his mini-tux, and he had great fun "manufacturing cute" (-Uncle Josh) all evening. Morgan danced every song right through to ringing in the New Year. She is spending the night with Nana and Papa, and may well sleep until next Tuesday...

Me? I was breathing, upright, smiling, and mostly nice to people, I think, in spite of this nasty sinus infection. I got to dance a little, hug a lot, and be in my little brother's wedding. I'm calling that Success with some snot...

Happy New Year, faithful friends and family. You've loved us generously through a difficult year, and we're grateful.

In 2009, may you all have power, together with all the saints, to know how long and wide and high and deep is the Love of Christ. Amen.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We moped around all night last night at the thought of having to miss the wedding of the year. Mom and I continued to get text throughout the night of how beautiful everything was and the fun time that was being had. Sorry we had to miss it! You all have fun at Aunt Nell's today! Love and Happy New Year to All! Aunt Gwen & Christi

Anonymous said...

Not to distract from Ryan's homily, but Ryan, Amberly, Mogan & Athan are all honest art... Right down to the ground...

amberly said...

thank you, "anonymous." what a golden complement.

Unknown said...

Happy New Year Strebeck family!! May 2009 bring you joy, peace and new milestones!! Love, Laurie PS: Can't wait to see pics!!