Monday, January 12, 2009

every parent's dream?

Ok, so we were eating lunch today at Grammy's, just Morgan, Athan, and me. I fed both kids, and as they were eating dessert, I started my own lunch. It was bout 12:20. Normal.

Then Morgan walked away from the table, announcing "I'm going to bed Mom."

Huh?!

So I followed her to our room, watched her gather her "night night" things (1 bear, 1 blanket, 1 book), and lay down on her bed.

"Morgan, are you ready to take your nap?"

"Yes. I'll stay on my bed unless I need to go tee-tee."

Baffled, but smiling, I closed the door behind me, wondering if she would really stay in bed (she did - over an hour now). I walked back into the kitchen, where I found this:That would be Athan sound asleep in his high chair (but still holding the remnants of the graham cracker, of course). I gently removed the cracker, unbuckled him, and carried him back to his bed for a more comfy nap.

Seriously? Did both my kids just put themselves down for an afternoon nap?! :-)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

We are laughing at this post...too cute! I guess you got some well deserved "mom time". :)

Mendi said...

Yes, every parents dream indeed! Love the picture!

Jamie said...

Wow... That's great! :) Abi has only fallen asleep ONE time while eating... It was nice! Cute pic!

Angela said...

ha ha! I'm laughing at your cute kids! How wonderfully trained you have them. ;) You must be wearing them out down there!!

amy wright said...

I laughed out loud.