Tuesday, April 22, 2008

we go in tonight

The grandmas are here! :) It is so good to see Nana and Grammy again.

Ryan and I will leave Morgan here with them in a few hours to head up to UK. We are supposed to admit to the pediatric floor this evening at about 6. We will spend the evening doing pre-op blood work, chest x-rays, and other preparations. Ryan and I will both stay with him tonight.

In the morning, he will leave us between 7 and 7:30. After that, we won't see him again for 6 or 7 hours. We will get updates from the nurse periodically during the surgery, and I will have my computer with me to post updates as we get them.

Once he has been back in the PICU for at least an hour, we will be able to get in to see him. Then the crucial recovery period begins.

Thank you all again for staying with us through this. I'll post again when we get settled at the hospital tonight.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

(I sent this in an email before I saw I could leave it on the site)

Just wanted to drop you a quick note letting you know that Mychelle and I are praying for all of you. I will also have my Wednesday morning bible study group pray for ya'll in the morning. I've been going through your blogspot and reading over everything. What an incredible journey Athan has had in his life already! The Lord has even more incredible plans for him and he will do great things for God. We will pray for divine wisdom for the doctors/surgeons/nurses as he goes through surgery and recovery. We will pray for a quick recovery and healing for him. I know ya'll know this, but both of your kids are absolutely precious. We look forward to reading and hearing about Athan's progress as the weeks go by. Be strong!

Love,

Mitch, Mychelle, Paden & Garret Simms

"There the child grew up healthy and strong. He was filled with wisdom beyond his years, and God placed his special favor upon him" Luke 2:40

" You are of God, little children, and have overcome the spirits of the world, because He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world." 1 John 4:4

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I'm Charis' Dad. Just want you to know that Athan is in our prayers.
Dwight Lowrie, Texarkana, Texas

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to let you guys know we are praying for you and thinking about you. We know everything will go great! Can't wait for Athan to get through all this and be well so we can finally meet him in person sometime! Love you guys!

Holly, Daniel, & Brecken

Anonymous said...

Tell Athan his favorite aunt Karen is praying for him and she loves him! I'm praying for you guys, too. Let me know if there is anything that I can do.
Karen Bates