Wednesday, April 23, 2008

we got to see him

Athan has already had his breathing tube taken out! :) He currently has a chest tube, 2 temporary pacer wires, 3 IVs, a feeding tube, and all the wires for the monitors. He was also kicking like a crazy man and making some of those sites bleed a little, so his legs and arms are gently restrained for now. He is getting all of his meds, plus some morphine for the pain.

Nana nd Grammy are with him now.

He looks good, yall. He's pale and drugged, but better than I anticipated at this stage. I'm doing better than I thought I would be at this stage. Thank you all for praying.

The next couple of days will be difficult ones. I'm nervous about the gap of time between when he is alert and when we can hold him (and a bit later, when he can breastfeed again).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Praise be to God! He looks wonderful. When my son had this same surgery he was very swollen and didn't have his breathing tube taken out till the next day. There is so much power in prayer! THANK YOU LORD! Hang in there. God has favor on you all and good things are gonna happen! The healing has already begun and for that I give many thanks to God! Don't be scared. Meditate on Phil 4:13...u can do this. Soooooo many people are praying...we'll pray u thru this! much love from Clovis, NM