Wednesday, August 29, 2007

you oughta see this!

I know every parent reading this will know what I mean. I just wish you all could be here to see this. Not any specific "this." I wish you could be here to delight with me in the 1000 things I see in my kiddos and my husband every day (and that I could never capture on a blog).

Athan smiles with his whole body. His forehead wrinkles, his ears go up, his eyes squint, his arms and legs and body wriggle with delight, and his giant toothless grin melts my heart a hundred times a day.

Morgan is such a fun kiddo. Yes, even when she's oiling up with A & D. She has been telling us stories. "Once upon a time, Morgan was a little girl, and went with her Dad." She is also really making strides with the potty thing (have I mentioned that she is pretty much doing this herself - I was going to wait until later in the fall).

My husband is an amazing father. Athan already knows his voice and turns to find him when he hears it. Morgan adores her Dad. He teaches me about parenting every day. I couldn't do this without him.

I'm just in such awe of the people God lets me live with and be with every day, and I wanted some company in my celebration tonight. I hope for all of you to have occasion to celebrate your own gifts soon, and that others will join you in your delight and gratitude.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

GOD BLESS YOU ALL. We Are Praying and Loving You All. Greg and Marilyn Hartle

Anonymous said...

Hi, Amber and family!
Your latest blog brought back some great memories for me...I remember just sitting and watching my babies, doing their "baby-thing" and wondering if there could be anything greater in the world! My heart/soul would fill with such love, and I sometimes wondered if I could love them as much when they were no longer "babies"!
I remember confessing this to my mom one day...she just laughed and said,"Brenda Kaye, (that's how I knew she was serious!), your heart is full of love for these babies, but you'll find out that your heart will just grow bigger and bigger as they do...big enough for lots more love! Yes, siree, that's how it works!"
Well, she was right. Being a mother is such a blessing, even in the tough times. You are a great mom...with special little ones...and you're always in our prayers.
Love you, Brenda Wilson