Tuesday, July 17, 2007

meds and bottles and tears

Athan has been on his new heart meds for a few days now, and he doesn't have any adverse side-effects to them. Yeah! :) He is still doing well taking the meds - just a little trouble taking in too much air sometimes.

We also added the "beefed up" bottles to add some calories to kiddo's intake. Mee-maw gave him the bottle yesterday while I sat in the kitchen and cried a little. I know he needs the extra stuff to prepare him for heart surgery, but I missed our time together. It's hard on Mama that I'm not enough. In seeking an upside to Athan taking a bottle, I'm looking forward to being able to miss a feeding and having time to take Morgan to a movie or something when they get back.

I get so focused on posting about the details of meds and such, and it is easier to write about the things that are concrete and quantifiable. I can't seem to find adequate or accurate words to tell you about how very sweet Athan is. After the trauma since his birth, I was bracing myself for a chronically fussy baby, but that has not been the case at all. He is so very content - he wakes up to eat, and then just coos and smiles, looks and listens. His gentle strength is evident already - such a lovable steadiness in his life. He is quieter than Morgan was, but no less content with life most of the time. Every time I hold him, feed him, watch him, or pray for him, I fall in love all over again with my steady son.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You guys are amazing! I loved the pictures from the wedding.....Morgan played the part of a little princess quite nicely! We, of course, missed you all at Ceda Canyon over the weekend....just wanted to let you know that you are a topic of many conversations, and remain on many prayer list! Thanks for the updates, and we are just praying for you all that everything continues to improve! He is a precious angel, no doubt! Oh, and tell Mee-maw that I said hello! Love you all! Christi

Langwell Family said...

Hey is so beautiful. Just thinking about you guys. Praying for his continued health, and some good sleep for you two. :)