Thursday, July 12, 2007

missing them already

Ryan and Morgan left at about 4 this morning to go back to Texas for Jordan's wedding. I'm missing them and sad that Athan and I don't get to see everyone this weekend. But Mee-Maw is here with us, and we're hoping to have a nice, restful week here. I'm glad Ryan and Morgan will be able to be there. Jordan and Brittany - know that we're praying for you both from Wilmore!

Athan has been pretty sleepy after our full day of doctor visits yesterday. He is resting and eating well. I will go pick up his 2 new meds in a couple of hours, so we'll start those this evening or in the morning. I'll post again soon and let you all know how that is going.

I finally had my postpartum checkup a couple of days ago (thank you, Candace). Everything still looks good. I was nervous about being underweight after such a rough pregnancy, but I jumped on the scale at the clinic yesterday, and I'm only 3 pounds under my pre-pregnancy weight. I'm so thankful that my healing has gone so well and I have been able to care for Athan during all of this.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to remind you that J had 3 heart surgeries before he was 4(the 1st one at 6 weeks!)with little impact on the rest of his life and that was 30 years ago! Athan will be get through any surgery he has to have better than J did!
If you want to talk to Fran about anything here is her e-mail: fwp4450@sbcglobal.net I think she would be a good source of reasurance for any mom af a heart surgery patient. I know she was for Lynne Wyatt (Donna Lee's daughter-in-law) We will all miss you this weekend! I'm trying to talk J into going to see y'all in Oct. if that is okay.

Love,
Amy (J, Cap, & #2 also)

Anonymous said...

morgan may come home w/a new fluffy white friend, courtesy of your anonymous friends. i'd tell you who this is, but that wouldn't be such a kool surprise!