Tuesday, June 26, 2007

improvement

All around, things are improving at our house. Athan seems to be resting better between meals, and continues to take his meds well. Ryan and I are settling into new routines and communicating well about how to keep navigating this transition. Morgan still has moments of frustration, but she is making leaps and bounds in adjusting to life with Athan in mom's arms sometimes.

And Grammy Tammy is cleaning! :) Those of you who know my mom already know that is no small undertaking. I've always said I was raised my Mr. Clean's lesser known twin sister. And I am so grateful. Not only do I not have to do the actual cleaning, I am just more relaxed in a house that is neat and clean. It is amazing how much your environment affects your emotions. Thanks, Mom.

Tonight my brother Josh will fly in to be with us for about 24 hours. I've tried to tell him there are some nurses he needs to meet, but he's not sold on the Lexington-Austin long-distance thing. Even so, I'm glad Uncle Josh will be with us soon.

The next few days will be kinda busy for us: Josh gets in tonight. Tomorrow we will be in Lex for follow-up appointments for Athan with endocrinology (9:30) and ophthamology (1:00). Note to anyone at the hospital: we'd love to see you! :-) Then Uncle Josh flies out tomorrow night, and Grammy Tammy leaves EARLY (as in leave our house about 3:30 a.m.) Thursday morning. If I don't make it back to the computer before, I'll try to update again Thursday morning.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do hope things will level out for yall.

God bless Grammys! They are special! I am glad your mother is able to be with you.

Jan Thornell

Anonymous said...

Amberly and Ryan: We are so glad things are settling down. The GCF community is still praying for you. May God be beside you at all times! Ike and Sharon Adams

Anonymous said...

we will continue to keep you all our prayers, praise God for all he does, Tell T.G. hi and God Bless

Greg and Marilyn Hartle

Anonymous said...

Dear Ones, My heart is singing for you this evening. Praise the Lord, Praise the Lord, Let the people rejoice. Allow us as your sister and brothers to carry you during these adjustment days. God is faithful all of the time but especially so this evening. We love you, Sharon Adams

Anonymous said...

Glad to read the excellent news guys. We love you and continue to pray that the Lord will keep you in this time of adjustment.

Adam and Lindsey

Anonymous said...

Hey guys so happy you are home & getting settled. I know you are worried about Morgan adjusting...kids are so much more resiliant than we are as parents. I know she will learn to love little bro & he will learn to love her!!! (please remember this when they begin fighting later) :)!!! Sending you love & prayers! Denise Christian

Anonymous said...

ps...the mr clean gene is definatly passed down thru the christian side...:) I am married to his twin bro!!!

Denise