Monday, June 4, 2007

logistics

We will update on Athan after morning rounds. All we know right now is that he had a good night and went up again on the amount of milk he gets at each feeding.

For now, just wanted to cover some logistics.

Papa Sid, Nana Lena, and Grammy Tammy are planning to fly out tomorrow back to NM. They are going to take Morgan home with them for a while. So for those of you in eastern NM and west TX - love our kiddo for us for a while, k? I know there are many of you who do and will, and I am so very grateful to have so many who will help ease the trauma of this whole thing for our sweet girl. If you wanna see/help keep Morgan while she's there, I'm sure Nana and Grammy would tell you how/when.

For those of you here in Kentucky with us, thank you so much for all of our offers to help. With our folks gone, we might need some help with errands and such for now. And for all of you asking about bringing food, we will be oh so glad to let you bring meals once Athan is back home - be it days, weeks, or months, it will be nice to have a few meals we don't have to fix as we adjust to life back home with our new fam.

and just because some of you have asked - we're pronouncing his name like "Nathan" without the N.

the attending and residents should be by on rounds any minute, so after we get and udate (and probably after we then help with care/feeding), we'll try to get and update on our boy posted.

10 comments:

Sarah Jackson said...

Still praying so hard for sweet Athan...and for Morgan during this time! If there is ANYTHING Jason and I can do, we want to do it! 859-553-4031!! Praise God for His provision, healing, rest, energy...all the good things that you have expressed gratitude for during this time. I am learning what trusting God is like THROUGH YOU, Ryan and Amberly! Thank you for being open to sharing your inner feelings and thoughts so that your brothers and sisters can stay up-to-date.

Nancy C. said...

Amberly and Tammy - Just to let you know the SS class is continuously praying for all of you. RoGene and I are especially concerned because of our own experience just one year ago with our little Claire.
If I can do anything for you or Morgan once you're home, please call 762-5796. I have lots of toys and stuff Hope plays with when she is here that would give Morgan a different set of stuff to play with.
Grace and Peace to you. We know God is the Great Physician and our Portion in mercy and grace. May His hand rest lightly on you all during this time. May God grant you travel safety as you head home.
Are you in Louisville? I'd thought I might have my dad drop by to pray with you sometime, let me know. nancy133@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

Hey guys-

Just wanted to let you know that we are praying as well. Nathaniel has added "Baby Athan" to his nightly prayer time and when I reported that Athan was doing much better after those first couple of nights he got so excited and said "yesss". God's grace is sufficient - as I know you know full well. Much love and prayers!

LaFonda said...

Ryan and Amberly-
Just a note to let you know that we are thinking about you guys and will keep you in our prayers. We love you and if we can do anything to help, please feel free to call or email.
My prayer is that God will wrap His arms around you and give you peace, understanding and rest.
Our love,
Hoyt and LaFonda

Anonymous said...

Amberly & Ryan-
Your Aunt Loy came in this morning and told me about baby Nathan and gave me this blogspot. We just want you both to know you are in our hearts and prayers with Nathan.

Becky Jones

Anonymous said...

We wanted to send our love today. You guys are on our hearts. Jesus, continue to love on them all during this time!" Amen!

A & L Harvey

Anonymous said...

Strebeck's

Thanks so much for your careful updating. It is great for Meredith and I to know what is going on. We can't wait to see ya'll again.

As for food, we'll I ate the brisket I smoked for you, so that means I will have to make another one........

Anonymous said...

My prayers go out to all of you. Seeing your little one like that is hard I know. We now have a healthy baby boy after all he went through. We are praying for all of you and are looking for updates on Athan. Thanks for keeping us posted and give that precious boy and big hug for me!!

Anonymous said...

Wanted to let you know you are in my thoughts. Let me know if I can be of help.
Karen

Denise Christian said...

Hey guys! Athan is such a blessing! Give him a big hug & kiss from the Christian fam. We are so glad we can pray along with you on the blog. We have shared this prayer request with some other church families & Micah is praying with others @ camp so many of your brothers & sisters in Christ are standing with you!!! Vick & I have expereinced a similar journey with Curt when he spent almost a month in NICU many moons ago after he was born and our parent hearts hurt for you. KEEP YOUR EYES ON JESUS NOT THE STORM and He will be faithful to give you peace, grace, wisdom & strength for each day! Love you, Denise